Mon, 22 Jul|
ARTISTIC DISSIDENCES - Make Audio Visual TechArt
Free Libre Open Source Software (FLOSS) enables you to explore free-culture in software programs. Use, copy, share, modify & redistribute free access to the source code of the program. COLLABORATIVELY LEARN & JOIN A COMMUNITY By Eva Bonilla & Fernando JIimene of AV-FLOSS at MediaLab Prado, Spain
Time & Location
22-Jul-2019, 3:00 pm – 26-Jul-2019, 8:00 pm
Jaaga, 5/1, Penthouse 01, 6th Floor, Rich Homes Apartment, Richmond Road, Shanthala Nagar, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560025, India
About the Event
Free Libre Open Source Software (FLOSS) means that you can use, copy, share, modify, redistribute and allow free access to the source code of the programs without restrictions. The use of this software has social and philosophical implications in art, building a kind of cultural ecosystem which emphasizes collaborative practice and freedom.
The cultural ecosystem based in FLOSS philosophy consists in a processual approach to the concept of artwork in which roles are reevaluated. From people involved in the development of a tool to those working in the final visual results are considered as parts of a same long process that involve the entire community.
- To join people and collectives interested to explore free culture concepts and FLOSS tools for audiovisual work as alternatives to mainly used privative programs; artist, programmers and people in general.
- To make communities and projects visible.
- To promote a meeting space that will allow participants to put in common our knowledge, needs, problems, expectations and experiences around this cultural ecosystem that joins art, culture and activism, focusing in the need to collaboration between different disciplines.
- To test different free software tools for audiovisual Although the focus is mainly the process and creation of community, after getting a panoramic of tools and interests, the group will be able to propose a collaborative exercise in order to complete the experience.
22-26 July 2019
3PM to 8PM
5 hours per day
First Day Presentation. To share experiences and projects. - Analysis of repositories of tools and techniques to develop a work flow with open source tools. - Proposal for a exercise, theoretical and/or practical
Second Day Collaborative learning sessions to test programs. - Exercise design
Third & Fourth Day Working sessions
Last Day Results and conclusion of the working sessions. Analysis of the perspectives of open software for audiovisual, new contacts and possibilities of future collaboration
This activity is aimed at designers, artists and programmers interested in audiovisual digital arts with free software
- You need to have a basic knowledge in digital image and video making
- Bring your laptop and a three button mouse
* Note: Time is limited, so bring your own sources of image, video and sound. Recordings that you'd like to share in a collaborative project.
Number of participants - 10