Jaaga DNA [Design+Networks+Arts] is located in the Malleswaram, the cultural heart of Bangalore. We currently do not have our own residency space. For the year 2015 we choose to host our residents as Paying Guests with artists who are part of our network.
We choose our residents based on their work and demonstrated interest to connect and explore Bangalore in sincere collaboration with us. We are a window to the heart of Bangalore’s cultural, tech and activist circles and value our role as guides to our guests’ experience of our city. We expect our residents to honor the unique perspective and connections we offer by their contribution to ongoing DNA Projects.
Residents are invited to offer talks or workshops during their time here to showcase their work to Bangalore’s cultural circles. Previous Jaaga residents have been supported by Goethe-Institut, Swissnex, University of Michigan and Microsoft Research India, amongst other prestigious organisations.
Residency candidates are expected to come with their own funding for their travel, stay and project execution. If required, Jaaga would assist in their funding process, by supplying a letter of collaboration. If you are interested to be a resident and consider yourself an expert looking to collaborate with us, to bring your unique perspective and expertise to our world in a way that is meaningful to us both, apply now by email to DNA[at]jaaga.in. If you are experienced in the areas of contemporary arts, design, social or environmental activism, have a keen desire to explore cutting-edge cross-overs within these areas, an innate ability to ‘roll with the punches’, a work proposal that interacts with our program, you are ideal for our residency.
- Private residence room
- WIFI internet connection
- Functional shared kitchen
Apply by sending in your proposal to DNA[at]jaaga.in. Be sure to follow the Proposal Format given the right. Mention “Proposal for Residency” in the Subject line. You can also email queries to this email ID.
- PROPOSAL BRIEF [A synopsis of the project ideals and goals. Who does it aim to impact and what its strategic plan of operating are]
- FUNDING BREAK-DOWN [A detailed break-up of costing for this project where costing for the team + materials + any additional costs are expressed]
- POTENTIAL SOURCES FOR FUNDING [List of potential funding arms, orgs or individuals that you will, or already have, approached]
- TEAM MEMBERS [Number of Interns, Fellows and/or Experts required. Also detail the skill-sets required from each]
- PROJECT TIMELINE [Break down of the duration of the project. Specific deliverable dates to be included]
- SPECIAL NOTE [Mention here anything that falls out of this template but is deemed really important to the smooth functioning and planning for the project]